This morning at 6:44 am, I received an email stating the classes were cancelled. As exciting as it seemed, I later came to find out that activities are more and more hard to come up with during a snow day.
With these top ten activities to do during a snow day, you should have a proper response when your friend sends you a text message saying, “I’m bored.”
- 10.Take a nap during the time your class was supposed to be, to the calm, humming sound of the snow-blower down the street.
- 9. Watch the entire series of your favorite show, I’ve now seen all episodes of Law & Order: Special Victim’s Unit, Family Guy, Workaholics, and I Love Lucy. Is that something I can put on my resume?
- 8. Learn how to play the guitar that’s been sitting in the corner of your living room, untouched, since November, or at least fiddle around on it making short songs about your roommates who also are finding themselves increasingly bored.
- 7. Play in the snow and, for that matter, make a trip to that parking lot down the street that has the HUGE pile that is screaming for there to be tunnel within it. Take pictures of that tunnel, post them below.
- 6. Do homework, then slap yourself for doing homework and do something else.
- 5. Shovel your neighbor’s driveway, they may reward you with cookies or beer.
- 4. Have a snow party, harnessing the raw power of the snow by using it as a cooler in which to store your cold drinks and popsicles.
- 3. Do Laundry. I hate laundry. Involve hot chocolate for enjoyment.
- 2. Write an article on what to do during a snow day, then realize how little you’ve done with your snow day. Be pleased with yourself.
- 1. Send President Hammond a photo of the inappropriate snow creation you’ve made, of all your books and homework making it look like you were the perfect academic student during the day off, or of your backpack full of snow because your roommates convinced you that school hadn’t yet been cancelled. Make sure the picture is in an envelope in front of his door. He needs new pictures of his student-children on his fridge. Thank him for the second snow day FHSU has had in the past 5 years.
Hopefully this gives you a few ideas to change up your snow day boredom.
Enjoy your snow day!
Did you do something different with your snow day? Let us know in the comments below. Include a picture!